My mind is racing and wandering today. Lots of trips and things coming up in the next couple months, lots to plan. Having a lot on my plate always makes me feel a little anxious (even if it’s good stuff), so I think I’ll feel better if I write it all out.
I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon finalizing details for an upcoming trip to Asheville, NC for a wedding. We’re getting there a couple days early to scope out the city, so I’ve booked some fun things for Justin and I to do (yes, I am totally one of those anal types who has to completely plan out a trip). We’re going to:
- Do a silly haunted bus tour. We’ll be there the week before Halloween, so this will be seasonally appropriate and fun. Plus, they let you bring beer on the bus - pretty cool!
- Visit the historic Biltmore Estate. It looks like an American Versailles!
- Take a walking food tour. New cities = new places to eat and go out, as far as I am concerned. Let’s stuff our faces!
- Then, of course, there is the actual wedding. Lots of awesomeness crammed into one quick trip!
Another thing on my mind is my birthday (dun, dun, dun!). It’s about a month away, and while I usually don’t plan anything, I really would like to do something this time. Ideally, that something will be a fun experience that also involves food/drinks and an element of the unusual. I am looking into a trip to Medieval Times in NJ (would love it if I could force all my friends to dress up too!), a walking pizza tour, or a class at the Astor Center (or something similar). Any ideas/suggestions for something along these lines that would make for a special experience in NYC?
On top of this, it seems like we’ll be having something going on every weekend from now til the end of November. Aren’t things supposed to calm down in the fall? Other highlights of what’s coming up:
- Paintball for a friend’s birthday this weekend (Kind of terrified of the pain that’s awaiting me!)
- Weekend trip to Sag Harbor for Camp Grown-Up 2011
- Friends and inlaws coming into town throughout October
- Thanksgiving/High School Reunion (not mine!)/wedding in Wisconsin. All in one long weekend!
So yeah, that’s what’s running around in my mind right now. It’s mostly a lot of good stuff, so I just need to chill out and take a deep breath. My mind feels a little clearer now that it’s all written out. Time to actually get down to work for the day!